Paragon Furnaces are high-quality ovens and kilns used for heat treating knives. In our experience, Paragon represents the best in quality and customer service of any kiln and furnace manufacturer. Made in Texas, Paragon stands behind its products and is a supportive part of the knife making community.
Kilns will complete the entire heat treating process, including annealing, normalizing, hardening, and tempering.
Paragon Furnaces are equipped with a door safety switch that shuts off power when the door is opened while continuing to give a temperature readout on the controller.
Featuring a quiet, long-lasting, Solid State Relay with no moving parts to wear out so heating elements last longer and offer better temperature control during holds. (18" oven has a mechanical relay as part of a safety circuit).
Paragon ovens come in a variety of depths and are available in single or double barrel widths. The maximum temperature of these kilns is 2350°F.
Paragon ovens come standard painted deep black or you can special order in berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise at no additional charge.
Paragon Furnaces ship free to the contiguous 48 states.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery or call to check for ready to ship ovens.
Choose the Paragon Furnace series that is right for your knife-making needs:
Paragon Pro 3 Zone Series is a professional option made with 2.5" ceramic fiber.
- The Pro ovens offer unprecedented control over the heat treating process allowing you to create stronger and more resilient blades.
- Temperature zones provide superior heat distribution and consistency.
Super-fast heating to500°F in only minutes.
- Sentinel Smart Touch Screen controller comes standard with Pro Series and adjusts the temperature of each zone for perfect heat.
- Standard Guillotine Door lifts up and out of the way to stay cool and prolong element life.
Paragon KM Series is an economical option made with traditional firebrick.
- All KM Series furnaces come standard with a Drop Down Door with counter-weight handle for one-hand operation or you can choose a Side-Swing door at no extra cost. Both doors are mounted on a heavy-duty 1/2" thick hinge shaft for smooth opening.
- KM Series furnaces are insulated with 3” thick refractory firebrick, which is 1/2” thicker than the standard.
- Elements are mounted in dropped, recessed, grooves precision machined into the firebrick. This groove protects the element for long life and low maintenance. Elements are simple to replace when needed.
- The firing chamber is protected by a rigid steel case. A built in solid stand lifts the firing chamber safely off your worktable.
- The thermocouple wire is stored inside the control box for protection from the harsh environment of a typical workshop.
- Choose from three controller options to select the programming that works best for your shop and production.
Choose a controller for your KM Series Paragon:
Sentinel Smart Touch Control:
- Manufactured by Bartlett instruments.
- Alerts you to temperature drops during heavy electrical use with constant amperage and circuit voltage readouts. Amp readings inform you when elements are beginning to wear.
- Store 12 programs with up to 32 segments per program for perfect results every time.
- Includes a Novice Mode which uses questions to quide you during programming.
- Controller can be updated via WiFi.
- Features: Skip Step, Add Segments, Add Temperature, and Add Time options.
- Easy to follow screen descriptions and graphical display gives you more information and control over your heat treat than ever before.
Sentry 12 Key Control:
- Simple to master, the Sentry 12-Key Control guides step-by-step to enter correct parameters for each job.
- Delay feature turns furnace on after a specific amount of time.
- Store up to 4 programs in memory.
- Control heat settings for up to 18 separate segments. Each segment heats to the given temperature (max 2350°F) at the rate you set and holds for your desired time length. Alarm sounds when temperature is reached.
- Control heating and cooling with accuracy and repeatability.
- Large, easy to read, display.
Sentry XPress 3-Key Control:
- Heat treat in 8 segments and store up to 4 programs in memory.
- Economical, yet robust controller. Perfect for beginners or hobbyists.
- Features: Skip Segment, Hold, Add To Hold Time, Change Target Temp, and Temperature Alarm.